Certain building systems require airflow to operate properly and efficiently. The most common ventilation components are plumbing vents, exhaust vents, and attic vents.
Plumbing Boots, or lead boots, allows air to enter your plumbing system to help push wastewater through the pipes and prevent sewer gases from accumulating inside the building.
Gooseneck Vents are a type of static exhaust vent. Kitchen hood vents, bathroom exhaust fans, and clothes dryer vent exhaust air through the attic using Gooseneck vents.
Baffled Shingle-Over Ridge Vents is a type of attic vent that exhausts air from the roof’s ridgeline, as opposed to attic vents that are installed on a place of a roof section or at gable ends. Venting from the highest point of the roof system, ridge vents are more efficient than other static attic vent products. Shingle-Over ridge vents are installed with hip and ridge cap shingles over top of the vent and are manufactured from plastic materials.
Off-Ridge Vents is a type of attic vent that exhausts air and is installed “off-ridge” or on a plane of a roof section. Buildings that do not have a sufficient ridgeline to adequately vent the attic space, an off-ridge vent must be used. Off-Ridge vents are constructed of galvanized metal and finished in 3 stock colors: white, black, and brown.
Boot Guards is an add-on PVC-based product that eliminates damage from critters that causes roof leaks that can go undetected. Squirrels and other animals are attracted to the lead in the plumbing boots. Overhanding trees can provide easy access to a buffet of boots for them to feast on.
Zipper Boot is a specialized plumbing boot required in certain applications. Zipper boots are customizable on-site and are typically used in metal roof applications because of its high-temperature resistance and ability to conform to any irregular roof surface.
- Plumbing Vent Boots: Install the quantity listed for each size of lead plumbing boot: 1.5″, 2″, 3″ and 4″ diameters.
- Gooseneck Vents: Install the quantity listed for each size of Gooseneck vent: 4″, 6″ and 10″. Standard stock colors are white, black, and brown.
- Baffled Shingle-Over Ridge Vent: Install the linear feet listed of baffled shingle-over ridge vent and shingle-over using shingle manufacture’s specialty hip and ridge cap shingles.
- Off-Ridge Vent: Install the quantity listed of galvanized metal off-ridge vent. Standard stock colors are white, black, and brown. Standard stock sizes are 4′ and 6′.
- Boot Guard Color: Boot Guards are available in white, black, brown, tan, grey, terracotta, and hunter green. Boot Guards are available in two sizes: Small (for 1.5″ and 2″ diameter pipes) and Large (for 3″ and 4″ diameter pipes). Boot Guards are an additional cost and not included in our Proposal price.
- Zipper Boots: Install the quantity listed of Zipper-style or split boot. Zipper Boots are an additional cost and not included in our Proposal price.